our Services

How can we help you and your family?

We can nurture you every step of the way when you employ someone to work in your family home.

Registering you as an Employer with HMRC

Depending on how much your employee earns, you may need to register with HMRC as an employer.

You must register before your employee's first pay date and not more than two months before you start paying your first employee.

We can help by:


Registering you as an Employer with a Pension Provider

Your workplace pension duties start as soon as you employ your first employee.

Under the Pensions Act 2008, every employer in the UK must enroll certain employee's into a workplace pension scheme and contribute towards it. Not all employees are eligible for employer pension contributions but all must be offered the opportunity to make their own contributions.

Pension Concept on File Label in Multicolor Card Index. Closeup View. Selective Focus.

We can help by:

Payroll Processing

Family Payroll will process your employee’s payroll each month and support you in all aspects of your payroll responsibilities. All you need to do is send us the total hours your employee is scheduled to work in that month.

We can help by:


Employee Contracts

You must provide your employee with a contract of employment.

By law, an employer must provide anyone who's classed as an employee with the terms of their employment in writing. This document is often referred to as the 'employment contract'. Family Payroll can give you a blank employment contract template for you to use with your employee. Please ask for more information.

We can also upload your employee's contract and any policies, procedures or staff handbooks to our payroll portal, where they can access these at anytime.

Employer Liability Insurance

It is a legal requirement for all UK employers, including domestic employers, to hold Employers Liability (EL) Insurance.

Before you look at EL insurance, we recommend that you speak to your household insurers first as they may provide this cover.

It is not a legal requirement for an employee who works in a family home to have insurance, however we recommend that you discuss this with them as they may wish to have this extra cover.  

Family Payroll have teamed up with childcare insurers, Morton Michel to offer an exclusive discount to employers who employ a nanny in their home. This provides public liability insurance for a nanny, which protects them should anything happen to your children whilst in their care.

We have have also secured an exclusive discount with Morton Michel to ensure that nanny’s can access a policy discount. 

Get Started Today

To get started just press the button below.
We will give you a call and take care of everything you need!